Winter has arrived and with the change of seasons comes the threat of nasty weather. As you hit the roads during this busy holiday season, following our seven tips can help ensure you get to your destination and back home safely. It is also important to make sure your vehicle is in tip top shape. Stay up to date on your vehicles maintenance and check your fluid and oil levels regularly as well as checking your tire pressure and traction.
- Keep your windshield reservoir full and make sure your car has wiper blades that are in good condition.
- Reduce your speed and increase your following distance as road conditions and visibility worsens. On winter roads, increase your distance to 8 to 10 seconds.
- Be cautious on bridges and overpasses as they are usually the first areas to become icy.
- Don’t use cruise control in wet or icy conditions. In adverse conditions you want as much control of your car as possible.
- Maintain at least a half tank of gas during the winter season to ensure you have a source of heat if you are stuck or stranded.
- Start your braking sooner that you normally would in dry conditions to give yourself extra room and use more gentle pressure on the brake pedal.
- Be extra wary of other motorists who may not be driving as cautiously as you. Leave extra space, avoid distractions and be predictable, signaling clearly ahead of turns or lane changes.
Call 888-694-1963, and speak to our friendly staff today! Learn about our latest Ford Specials, set up an informative test drive, get details on any vehicle, request a brochure, schedule a service appointment, discuss your trade-in or even talk financing on your next car. We are here to help you.
Still deciding on which vehicle you’d like to be driving? Searching for OEM factory rebates? Are you comparing lease programs or internet specials? Maybe you simply want our best price on a new or used car? For all of this and more, look no further than StateWide Ford. Our team is made up of professional associates that offer you a no-pressure environment and operate with the quality you’d expect. We look forward to helping you with your next new or used car purchase.
Click Here for Dealership Hours and Directions.