To help make this year’s festivity a trick-free treat, we’ve compiled some simple safety tips for you to follow. These tips may not make your Halloween night any less scary, but they’ll definitely make it safer. If you have a couple tips to share, please do and as always, have a happy haunted Halloween!
- Children under the age of 10 should be accompanied by an adult; experts also recommend that they know their home phone number, the cell phone numbers of parents and any other trusted adult who are supervising. Knowing the proper steps to contacting 911 in case they get lost is also a smart practice!
- For older kids who are trick-or-treating on their own, make sure you approve of the route they’ll be taking and know when they’ll be coming home. Also be sure that they carry a cell phone and stay in a group.
- Only go to houses with porch lights on and walk on sidewalks on lit streets. Avoid walking in alleyways, or dark areas!
- Make sure children know to never go into strangers’ homes or cars.
- Cross the street at crosswalks and never assume that vehicles will stop.
- Give kids flashlights, with new batteries.
- Limit trick-or-treating to your neighborhood and the homes of people you and your children know.
- When your kids get home, check all treats to make sure they’re safely sealed and there are no signs of tampering, such as small pinholes, loose or torn packages, and packages that appear to have been taped or glued back together. Throw out loose candy, spoiled items, and any homemade treats that haven’t been made by someone you know.
It’s also good to practice safe trick-or-treating when children are visiting your home, too! We recommend that you:
- Remove lawn decorations, sprinklers, toys, bicycles, wet leaves, or anything that might obstruct your walkway for trick-or-treaters.
- Provide a well-lit outside entrance to your home.
- Keep family pets away from trick-or-treaters, even if they seem harmless to you.
Call 888-694-1963, and speak to our friendly staff today! Learn about our latest Ford Specials, set up an informative test drive, get details on any vehicle, request a brochure, schedule a service appointment, discuss your trade-in or even talk financing on your next car. We are here to help you.
Still deciding on which vehicle you’d like to be driving? Searching for OEM factory rebates? Are you comparing lease programs or internet specials? Maybe you simply want our best price on a new or used car? For all of this and more, look no further than StateWide Ford. Our team is made up of professional associates that offer you a no-pressure environment and operate with the quality you’d expect. We look forward to helping you with your next new or used car purchase.
Click Here for Dealership Hours and Directions.