A – Always follow a preventative vehicle maintenance plan.
B – Be sure to have your car inspected when you suspect there is a problem.
C – Correct the problem to help avoid the inconvenience and potential safety hazards of breaking down on the road.
Understanding the basics of car care before taking the wheel will help keep drivers safer on the road! StateWide Ford wants every drive to remember the below preventative vehicle maintenance tips:
- Check all fluids – engine oil, power steering, brake and transmission, as well as windshield washer solvent and antifreeze/coolant.
- Check the hoses and belts to make sure they are not cracked, brittle, frayed, loose or showing signs of excessive wear.
- Check the battery and replace if necessary. Make sure the connection is clean, tight and corrosion-free.
- Check the brake system annually and have the brake linings, rotors and drums inspected at each oil change.
- Inspect the exhaust system for leaks, damage and broken parts if there is an unusual noise. Exhaust leaks can be dangerous and must be corrected without delay!
- Schedule a tune-up to help the engine deliver the best balance of power and fuel economy, and produce the lowest level of emissions.
- Check the heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) system as proper heating and cooling performance is critical for interior comfort and for safety reasons such as defrosting.
- Inspect the steering and suspension system annually including shock absorbers, struts and chassis parts such as ball joints, tie rod ends and other related components.
- Check the tires, including tire pressure and tread. Uneven wear indicates a need for wheel alignment. Tires should also be checked for bulges and bald spots.
- Check the wipers and lighting so that you can see and be seen. Check that all interior and exterior lighting is working properly and replace worn wiper blades so you can see clearly when driving during precipitation.
Call 888-694-1963, and speak to our friendly staff today! Learn about our latest Ford Specials, set up an informative test drive, get details on any vehicle, request a brochure, schedule a service appointment, discuss your trade-in or even talk financing on your next car. We are here to help you.
Still deciding on which vehicle you’d like to be driving? Searching for OEM factory rebates? Are you comparing lease programs or internet specials? Maybe you simply want our best price on a new or used car? For all of this and more, look no further than StateWide Ford. Our team is made up of professional associates that offer you a no-pressure environment and operate with the quality you’d expect. We look forward to helping you with your next new or used car purchase.
Click Here for Dealership Hours and Directions.