What’s better than being a football fan? Being a football fan with the perfect vehicle for tailgating, of course. At StateWide Ford, we have a selection of trucks and SUVs that will easily fit everything you’ll need to have a blast at the next Bengals game. When you’re the one bringing the party, that means it can’t start without you!
Get the Most Out of Your Truck or SUV
Having a Ford SUV comes in handy on pretty much any occasion, but football season is really your time to shine. After you’ve researched your tailgate site’s open flame and alcohol rules, get packing! Here are some tailgating necessities you’ll need in your vehicle:
- Multiple coolers. Use one each for food and drinks, and one for raw meat is also recommended. Wrap all raw food tightly to prevent cross-contamination.
- Bottle openers.
- Grill. Don’t forget everything that goes with it: grilling utensils, fuel, and a fire extinguisher just in case.
- Food. Finger food for when you get there, food to grill once it’s fired up.
- Trash bags. Since many tailgate sites forbid leaving waste behind, that means you’ll need to have enough space for the garbage on the way back.
- Plates, napkins, and cups.
- Your friends and family!
There are some Ford features that seem like they were made for a great tailgate. Features like the foot-activated liftgate on the 2015 Ford Escape make it easy to pack up, even when your hands are full. If you think you might run into some nasty weather, take a look at the accessories for your truck or SUV, as some models have available tents that can attach to the back and keep you dry on a rainy football day.
Whether you’re rooting for the Buckeyes, the Browns, or the Bengals, a tailgate is always a great time and a good way to bond with fellow fans. Your Ford is there for you every step of the way. If you’re a die-hard fan, contact us online to see which of our vehicles is the best for football season!