School is back in session! StateWide Ford knows that carpooling is a popular form of transportation to and from school, and that’s why we put together a list of tips to make your carpooling plan go as smooth as possible. Check out the tips below and enjoy the new school year!
- Meet with the parents and carpoolers before the first trip to talk about communications, safety and any personal preferences you may have.
- Establish a morning pickup point and designate where the children should meet at the end of the school day for the trip home.
- Establish rules such as smoking or nonsmoking, type of music and volume, and whether eating or drinking is allowed in the car. Your carpool will have a better chance for success if these issues are discussed in advance!
- Make a “clean car” policy and stick to it! The car that carries children to and from school should be clean, safe, comfortable and regularly serviced.
- Draw up a schedule for driving responsibilities. If all parents involved in the carpool alternate driving, decide among yourselves if you want to alternate on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Establish a method of reimbursing driving expenses. If the parents of your carpool will not be sharing the driving equally, then discussion of reimbursement for gas may need to be discussed.
- Be punctual! Decide how long the driver is expected to wait.
- Be courteous and have respect for one another’s time, and the schedule you set in place at the beginning of the school year. Also, don’t honk for your passengers! Honking is not good for the neighbors — especially at early hours
- Establish a chain of communication. If a driver is ill, or will not be picking up one day, an alternate driver should be notified to ensure that the children of the carpool will have a ride. If a rider is ill or will not be going to school, the driver should be contacted.
Call 888-694-1963, and speak to our friendly staff today! Learn about our latest Ford Specials, set up an informative test drive, get details on any vehicle, request a brochure, schedule a service appointment, discuss your trade-in or even talk financing on your next car. We are here to help you.
Still deciding on which vehicle you’d like to be driving? Searching for OEM factory rebates? Are you comparing lease programs or internet specials? Maybe you simply want our best price on a new or used car? For all of this and more, look no further than StateWide Ford. Our team is made up of professional associates that offer you a no-pressure environment and operate with the quality you’d expect. We look forward to helping you with your next new or used car purchase.
Click Here for Dealership Hours and Directions.