Spring and Summer storms can crop up fairly quickly! Storms always have a level of danger to them, but when you’re stuck out in a downpour while on the road, the danger level always increases! It’s important to know how to react when a storm hits while you’re behind the wheel, so checkout the tips below to help you stay safe!
- Turn on your radio so you can listen for up-to-the-minute weather alerts.
- Turn on your low beams, and drive slowly.
- Allow extra space between you and the car in front of you. Braking on wet roadways can be difficult.
- Never drive through standing water.
- During heavy storms, visibility can be greatly reduced. Pull to the side of the road and turn on your emergency flashers until the rain subsides.
- Be on the lookout for trees that could fall.
- Steer clear of downed power lines.
- If traffic lights are out, treat intersections as four-way stops.
Call 800.262.3866, and speak to our friendly staff today! Learn about our latest Ford Specials, set up an informative test drive, get details on any vehicle, request a brochure, schedule a service appointment, discuss your trade-in or even talk financing on your next car. We are here to help you.
Still deciding on which vehicle you’d like to be driving? Searching for OEM factory rebates? Are you comparing lease programs or internet specials? Maybe you simply want our best price on a new or used car? For all of this and more, look no further than StateWide Ford. Our team is made up of professional associates that offer you a no-pressure environment and operate with the quality you’d expect. We look forward to helping you with your next new or used car purchase.
Click Here for Dealership Hours and Directions.